Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Taper Week
Yesterday started the first day for taper week for the MCM. Oh how I hate the weeks, they just make me feel like crap. Although my legs are thanking me for the ease of how the week will be, mentally its tough. I am aware of this coming up to it but never want to see it get here. The Marine Corps Marathon is just 5 days away and so far weather is looking good for race day. Around a good 15 degrees warmer then past years I have run, 44-60's is the low and hi. Prime running weather , its just the wait for the race to start that will freeze my FL ass. Training has went well, with most of it done while deployed in the desert but a few great runs with Nadine since being back. She is ready as we could get her, its been a long program for her. I am ready for the race to get over for her, so she can get in some well needed rest weeks. Gonna pretty much take off from the MCM till after the Miami Man. Me on the other hand gotta train right through January, till I can see some time off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment