Sunday, October 30, 2011
Post Marine Corps Marathon 2011
Today was a good day ! Weather had the marathon kinda tricky from the start. 35* and windchill was 28*, by far the coldest we ever had to deal with. Great opening ceremonies, my boys always always do. At the start didnt even know I had feet till mile 10, everything was numb. Anyway after two pee stops by mile 12.4 and a dead Ipod by mile 13 things finally settled down. Things still felt like work, nothing felt good the whole time. Never relaxed or got into a grove, always watching the Garmin for distance and time check. Things couldnt go fast enough after mile 20, and about walked a few times but held it off till it was forced at mile 25. Legs started cramping so bad it was causing my legs to twitch and then lockup. In the last mile it cause me to walk 3 times, I had a time going for a sub 3:30 but soon realized it was going to be over it. All day had Nadine on my mind, wondering how she was doing and where she was. I just couldnt get to my phone fast enough to check the text messages from the race to see where she was. Her goal was 5 hours for the race but as always I guessed she would beat it weeks ago. I just had to get it through her head that she is way better than she was thinking, well today was that day !! I couldnt be happier for her, I am so proud of her, she has come so far in this training program . Raced ended with me running a 3:33:59 and Nadine ran a 4:37, my sister Sherry ran a 5:17. This is a picture of Nadine and I after the race, I love her and cant wait to see what the future hold for us together !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment