Friday, November 11, 2011

Off to Miami Man Half Ironman

This race is gonna be a shot in the dark for sure. It came to me as I was still deployed in the desert, while talking to Chris about his marathon training. He asked if I was gonna run another IM or HIM before the years end. Being me I was like , what the hell lets find one. The plan did not work out the way it was planned, had it I would have already ran a few shorter triathlons. Just to much going on with everything else to make it to any races. Really going to be interesting to see what happens, only have gotten in one OWS this week. Strong winds been making the beach a mess to try and get out in and been off my bike for a few days now. Packing the bike today found 3 big pieces of glass in the front tire, with everything packed only one thing to do. Took it to Oscar and had him replace the tube and tire, was not flat or going low but thought better be safe then sorry. This will be Nadine's first ever live triathlon, she is excited a bit more then me I think. I am really , just the time off has me mind screwing myself im sure. Once the swim starts and clears up, its game on. Sunday 7am is the start, Im in the fist wave out the shoot. Race report to follow once Im back. This picture was the last big race I was in, tell you how long I been out of the loop. Sure there was shorter ones before the deployment came, but this was a good day.

No comments: