This short little race season i have been in since being back from the desert, has been great. Training is going OK as good as it can with the time I got. Nadine and I did the Iron Joe Turkey ride after Thanksgiving, it was a quick ride. Never have I ridden with any Roadies, but boy that pack can move with ease. Didn't say I like it ! but it was interesting. Nadine did her second ride on her new bike and she did so great, although I'm sure she would say something negative about it :) . I am gonna chalk it up to it being her first ever metric century ride, and the farthest she had rode ( to that date) by 40 miles. I am really proud of her for hacking the thing out, I know it was rough on her but she was a trooper that day.
So for the last 2 weeks of the year its gonna be getting ready for the HITS Triathlon Series race on Jan. 8 . I have a feeling after the race I will regret not doing the full Ironman distance, I just had second thoughts on it and thought better against it with two more races it the month to follow it. I would like another shot at the half ironman distance and maybe drop a nit more time off, as I was able to in Miami. Maybe the hometown race will set a charge under my ass to shove things into overdrive. My big concern at this time is the water temps and that damn wet suit ! Naples Gulf should be around 66* that day, by far the coldest I ever have raced in. My plan till race day is to get into the suit and down to the beach as much as I can before it. Been a long time since I have been in the suit in the water, cause I always opt for my swim skin even with the temps at 73* like Miami was. Tomorrow morning has a good chance on finding me there trying things out. Pics from the turkey ride.

No comments:
Post a Comment