Thursday, January 5, 2012

Race week

Things have been going really easy this year so far. Trying to come up with a new goal for the year. Last year I set a 1300 mile running goal, hit it at the end of November. Year ending total was 1437, which was my longest year yet. January is gonna be a pretty easy month, by what im looking at. I have three races this month. This weekend a HIM at the HITS Triathlon Series here in Naples on Jan 8, Jan 15 Naples Daily News HM, then off to Miami for the ING Miami Marathon. Gonna be at the race site from basically Friday till Sunday this week. Gonna work with Nat Friday and I have a meeting later that day and packet pickup. Saturday Nadine and I are volunteering from 4-8 body marking, then she is also racing her first triathlon that day also. Sunday I have to hang around for all that and bike turn in later that afternoon. Weather is not working at all, the cold front has it pretty damn cold here and its gonna be around through the weekend, 50's at race start all weekend and water temps are in the low 60's. Not gonna be a fun day whatsoever, days should be up in the higher 70's but not gonna make up for the swim. Just gonna have to see how things work and deal with it as it happens. Really wanted a PR at this race and think my bike and run are on target for it, the swim i will be the difference and T1 is a good clip from the water. Mental day is all I can chalk it up to, stay in the zone and disregard the weather is the best thing I can try and do.

No comments: