Finally I thought it might not ever happen ! A PR at the 13.1 mile distance and never seen it coming. Last weekend at the Naples Daily News Half Marathon here in town, where I had set the old PR a few years ago before deployment. Was a chilly morning, in the mid-high 40's at the start, and nothing above the 60's all day. The race needed to get moving, once I took all the cloths off. The course is a pretty good one, for here in town. Some say its scenic and guess it would be if I didnt live here but it is flat and pretty fast. First 6-7 miles slipped away and all the splits was 6:30's-6:40's and was not sure how long that pace could be held. Thought I would pull it back to the 7 for a couple miles miles then drop it back down. Never happened though, Garmin showed the next 5 was in the 7's although they felt faster. At 12 miles I did the math real fast and realized I had to go sub 7 for the finish and went back to 6:40 to finish. Finishing time was 1:31:14 but that was not the only one for the day.
Nadine also wanted to drop her time from the Disney race, which she did also ! She took off 9 minutes this day, and went the first time under 2 hours. 1:58 would be her finishing time, All along leading up to it I knew she had it in her but the weather really had her down. Total over the first 2 weeks into the new year, we have a combined 4 new PR's and her first triathlon !! Year has started off on a rip and in a few days we are off to the ING Miami Marathon, will it continue is the question. All the training is done, sitting here in taper week. Pictures are from post race in Naples.


No comments:
Post a Comment