What a fun weekend this was, they really got something going here. Spent the whole weekend at the race event. Friday I went and ended up spending the entire day , not even meaning to. Saturday I got to watch Nadine run her first triathlon. She ran the sprint after I moved her to that distance on Friday. She did great , even won her AG ! Did find out that she is in need of OWS, this was the first time she had to swim in the ocean and in a wet suit.
Sunday I ran the HIM race ( should have went with the full !!) and the ran the full at the same time. In all only about 100 people ran between both races, so the small field a PR was in view from the start. Swim was good, a L shape going out then north in the Gulf of Mexico, with water temps at 69. I came out of the water somewhere around 14th, from what I could tell. By far the worst part of the day was the bike. Outside it was only in the 50's and being wet it was brutal for 35 good miles. Never felt my feet at all till the ride back into town, and I needed that to get ready for the run. Came off the bike rolling ! Garmin was reading a 6:39 pace and knew I needed to slow it up a bit, when it finally hit a 7:09 I figured that was good and would hold it as long as I could. Run was a out and back, coming off the bike I was now in 10 overall. Within 3-4 miles I had passed people who passed me on the bike. The turn around I could see how much room I needed t make up and that I was now in 6th. Around mile 9 legs started getting heavy and was able to pass one more guy for 5th place. Never seen the 4th place till there was only about .5 mile to go ! or I would have given it a run at him. Talking to him, he knew I was there and fast approaching him. It was a PR for the day , with a finishing time of 4:54:08 , 5th over all and 1st place int he military division. Splits was good, even with the long in and out of T1 and T2. Swim 36 min (33 min out of water) bike 2:35:17 and run 1:40:00. I have been in recovery, today is the 3rd day and need to move. Was really sore last 2 days, think the weather on the bike had something to do with it. Lots of cranking going on, not much pulling with the legs. In all I cant wait for the next event in Ocala, almost sure its going to be the full. All I do know is, here in 4 days is the Naples Daily News Half Marathon and yep Im in ! Not gonna be a PR but should be a good day if the weather holds out.

No comments:
Post a Comment