Today started sore soon as I stood up. Two days ago I said I was done with 2x a day workouts and it was a good call. Except for Sunday, its going to be the last brick day before race. Little close to race day but missed two of them while sick. I really do not think its going to hurt me to bad, not gonna be long maybe 50 and 5 I think. Did roll out a good swim today 4300 meters of speed/ sighting and hand paddle drills. Things was good, Saturday I will be in the ocean and try to fit in another 2 next week.
So I got my orders and all travel papers done last weekend, for the State of FL National Guard Marathon Team. Five of us was selected from the entire state. Now we will met all 50 states, Guam and Puerto Rico in Lincoln Nebraska on May 6. Figure there will be between 300-350 Guardsmen running for a spot on the All Guard Marathon Team. Last year they took the top 57 runners for the team. Gonna have to have a good day if I wanna shot at the team. After this 140.6 in Ocala I am making the whole month of April, training for the race. I will still be on my bike, can not leave it out. Good cross training for off days from running. Just got my tickets in a email but need to call SATO Travel in the morning to straighten out the ticket. Ya know cant expect the military to get everything correct !! I am excited about the race but best thing is Nadine is going with me. Had I known I could take her I would have gotten us a room. Now she has to fly on her own and find a room close to race. I dont think she care all to much as long as she is there. A bad thing about it, if I make the team I have been told I will not make it to Afghanistan. I am OK with that I was trying to make the team when I got deployed the last time, just stayed in the desert for 2 years to long !! Just hope my training has not been hurt getting ready for this up coming race. I am confident I can turn things around, just gonna take a little work but I'm good with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment