Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Where has time gone

Just got back to town a couple days ago, been about 6 weeks since I been around. After Nebraska I ended up at Warrior Leader Course at Camp Blanding. Got home to find out orders had me being back up there in two days for another 3 weeks. I unpacked what I didnt need, packed what I did and headed back north. Not the funnest lifestyle at times but its what I do. Did not run for almost a month, till the last 3 weeks, just no time during training. Hills became my friend the last 3 weeks, even ran the Camp Blanding Family Day 5K while there. Placed 3rd overall with a 20:01 time, couple young Air Force guys beat me with a strong finishing kick. Back home for 4 days now, while gone all I could think about was Nadine and training. WELL this storm sitting out in the Gulf of Mexico has other plans, been some windy / rainy runs the last 3 days, missed rides and one day in the pool that it. Bad part it July 8th the new Naples  Sprint Triathlon from Elite Events and we are in to run it. I really had a good feeling of pulling off a win at it, now have moved it to trying to place. Nadine and I yesterday go into the Beach 2 Battleship 140.6 in Wilmington NC on October 20th. Gonna be her first Ironman distance triathlon !! Cant wait got some wotk to do with her but looking forward to it. 

No comments: