Thursday, December 6, 2012

Late B2B and new ride !!

So Beach to Battleship in Oct was a blast, really cool race ! Nadine had a great time there too and finished her first 140.6, I am so happy for her. Things have been kinda slow ever since then and how HITS Naples 140.6 is just 30 some days away. It should be a fun race, lots of friends racing in both the half and full Sat. and even some running the OLY and sprint Sunday. Plan on taking it easy at Naples and looking forward to HITS Ocala 140.6 in March. Did pick up a new ride a few days ago. Got it fit yesterday and need to go get it today from LBS. I really like this Shiv, been wanting an new bike for a while and glad I waited. Got the Shiv Pro, almost went with the expert but wanted to stick with Sram Red set up like I had on old bike. Did get a deal on it being the 2012 model, color was the biggest difference. Gonna be picking it up just in time for my 100 mile ride Monday and might even turn it into a long brick, if I got enough fuel around here to pull it off. The girls are doing a century this Sunday but I will be out with my unit training and have to miss it. I am fine going solo with mine, just think it would be fun and wanted to get the new bike out and about town. 
Dropped the front end all the way down, man it was high. Took all spacers on the neck out and even the spacers on the bars are gone. Now wanna find a custom sticker with my name on it for the frame. Looks better now and dont have all the factory stickers on it. This was the day I got it after they put my wheels on. 

No comments: