What a month, this just flew by. Had great things and had bad. Had a good sprint triathlon and a great visit from my son. Have not see him since my first year of deployment, when I took leave and went to San Diego. Two weeks we did what ever her wanted and it did include a new tattoo. We planned that day for bout 4 years and finally got to do it. Although we wanted to get his first together, his mom got him his first for his 18th birthday. Guess he just couldnt wait on me. All good we had our day in the shop and as planned we got the same thing. He picked it and I went with it. Little different in placement and size. My dog Ticket got sick in one day and spent a few days at the Vet. Never did make it out of there and it was the hardest thing I had to do was tell them to take her. I went to see her one last time before leaving her for good. I thought about all the times that dog laid with me. When I was sick or after a hard workout when I could hardly move, she never left me sometimes for days at a time. I couldnt leave her! Told the Vet and laid with her petting her head as she left. Just glad it was after Kane left so he didnt have to deal with it, he just had to go through the same with his dog.
So now I'm 4 days off from another race and somewhere around 81 from Beach 2 Battleship 140.6. I was gonna take the B2B pretty easy, only had 2 goals at it. One was to better my swim and to finally run a sub 4hr marathon portion of it. As I was with Ticket, thinking how strong she is. I made up my mind I am gonna run the hell outta that race. Now training is going to a new level for the next 11 weeks and I am fine with it. Not that I wasnt training hard, now I have new goal. New goal now is to go under a 10:30:00 for the B2B. I need to take off 12 minutes off my PR, where Im gonna take that time off is another mission. Figure it will have to come off the run and swim, not sure if I can take wuch more off the bike. Although Saturday the 11th will show a lot! Nadine and I are gonna do the "Big Ass Workout" I found in a article and planned 2 more of them till Oct. 20. Glad this month is over, not sure I could have handled much more of it and Hoping Aug. is much better. Starting the month off with the Siesta Beach Oly Triathlon, once again my first Oly in 4 years. Gonna be interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment