Being my first sprint triathlon in 3 years, gotta say I had a blast at this race. So much different the the long course, it was a little shock to the body. I had a good feeling about this race going into it and the day ended up just about where I thought it would. I could have been a little faster I think but in all was a good effort on my half. First off I have never raced with so many people that I know, made it kinda a weird day from the rip. Swim was straight across the lake at 1/4 mile, split my Garmin when I came out of water and it said 6:13. Timing mat was at T1 a ways off had me at 7:08. I was 4th outta water, that was cause I gave a spot to this guy over half way there. We was shoulder to shoulder and I wasnt gonna give but his splash from his arm kept messing with my right side breathing. Backed off a bit and tucked in on his feet for the rest of the way. Bike was odd, had a bunch of speed bumps on it. Not the steep ones but ones that roll easy over. Had a issue with the first one, my left aero pad for my elbow came loose soon as I hit it. Almost fell and elbow kept slipping out. What it cause was me not being able to pull back on areo bars, like I do so often when I need to ride hard. Bike was 10 miles and split was 28:25 , that was with the timing mat on the back side of T2 . The mats ( or mat) was only in 1 place so they kinda added in transition time along to either the swim or bike. Run was 2 laps around the lake. Came outta T2 chasing the same guy I was making time on , on the bike. We went through T2 together and I was chasing him for bout half of the 3 mile run but after the first mile split at a 6:42 I wasnt sure if I could hold that. I should have went harder longer on the run for sure, looking back at it now. Run split was 20:28 for the 3 miles. Total time was a 56:02 , Finished 5th overall and 1st in age group.
In off the Bike, love the new 360 Degree Athlete kits Natalia got for us. They fit way better then the one piece did.
Mark came down from Tampa and got 2nd place in the 40+ Clyd. category , Nadine won 3rd place in her age group and me 1st in age group.
Next is the Siesta Beach Triathlon , its a OLY distance on Aug. 4th. Natalia , Laura and me will be racing, cause she got with Multirace and got us a few free spots to race. Nadine although she wants to is gonna sit this one out but will be there for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment