On May 25th we headed South to Naples for another Elite Events race. They have been in town for a year or so and finally getting pretty good turnouts to their events. They are also getting longer races and I cannot wait for that to happen. So the day started as normal, except the twist today was the race is a reverse !! NEVER have I done one or thought I would but decided to make it a speed work day and have a good time. They was running the tri and du at the same time. Run went pretty good and about my avg. even if the run was after the bike, 20:06 was run time and it was hard to tell where I was except I did see one guy in front of me in my AG. Bike was 10 miles and my split was a 27:14 for a 22.04 avg. Not shabby seeings it had speed bumps on part of the course and 3 U- turns in it also. I think the hardest part of the day was the swim ! Legs seemed to just hang in the water and with the up coming sun I missed a buoy. OK I should have seen it but followed a guy in front of me as we rounded buoy and never paid attention Either way my fault and should have worn tinted goggles and paid attention. Finished the race in a 55:55 and when I looked at results I was 3rd OA. The shocker for the day was during awards I was called for 1st place masters ! HEY my first ever masters win, but I just did get into the AG for it this year and only the 3rd race of the season. Had stuck with my new race day nutrition, X2Performance - Power bar - Xendurance; these 3 things been rocking training and last few races I have done. I just started my training program for IMFL and I needed to get Nadine onboard. So seeings I told her she would not do another IM without a new bike we went and got her a new one the other day. I am gone this weekend and when I get back its gonna be game on. My bike is headed to shop this weekend when Nadine goes to get her fit done. Oscar is gonna tighten things up move my bars and a quick tuneup for training. So I am done with the sprints for the year I think, Making OLY's now speed work and hope to get a few 1/2 or even a full before IMFL.



No comments:
Post a Comment