Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May Things Calm Down

Its been crazy for a while now and time has passed way to fast. Hard to think its already May and the year is almost half over. The Ocala 140.6 with HITS Triathlon did not work out the way I had planned. Matter a fact, I never even got to start the race. Had a flat tire issue, which on any given day is easy to take care of but not this day. Between old tubes and rim tape, could not keep any air in front tire but did not know this till I got home. Had brand new tires and it even stumped the bike support guys, who only got a short look at it because they was too busy filling tire. I mean WTF you come to a race and dont bring a pump ?? April hit and I was in a slump and have been in and out of it. So for my 40th B-day I thought I would run 40 miles for it. Day started good, although I wanted to stop within 5 miles. Fueling and water was good but things really started getting to me. Knee and ankle on right side was killing me. Walked and talked to Nadine at 27 she was riding and said just see what you can do. I made it to 30 miles and shut things down. The roads canter was causing me to run back n forth all over the road and could never find a happy point. So seeing I have not ran over or had to run more then 4 hours in years. When I hit 30 @ 4:35:00 I decided to live to fight another day. Since then things have been slow coming, that run took more out of me then I thought. One thing I do know is an Ultra is within my reach if I wanted to train for it. I went into this run with 1 16 mile day, which was a 2x day I did that.
Did not have to go to annual training with the FLNG so I jumped into the Cape Coral Yacht Club sprint triathlon on May 11 just for the hell of it. Also I am in for the Lake Avalon reverse triathlon in Naples on May 25. Someday soon I am gonna turn towards IMFL and set the training plan up. Been doing more strength training and speed work in all three sport. Need to kick the slump and get head back on straight and set my sights further down the road. For now looking at Air Assault school in late June into July then it on to IMFL. I WILL be ready for it both mentally and physically. Have a break in school, BA in Exercise Science is going well and need to get back in ASAP. Also this year Triathlon Coaching Cert. and NASM Cert.  renewed are 2 other plans.

No comments: