Really not sure where to start for this race. I feel a bit behind the 8 ball for it and usually dont going into a OLY. Things have been rough for a couple weeks. Plyometrics been kicking my ass and leaving legs shot. Although I am liking it more and finding it easier. Just hard to get out and have a good Neg. split run day when hammies and calf are screaming at you from the rip. So I am going into it with no goals, just have ideas I want to work with in T1 & T2. YEA Im changing a few things I have done for years, trying to get out quicker. That is why I have the next 3 races lined up for, just practice in transition. 3 races in 6 weeks then calling it quits till IMFL. Not really playing much with the tapper for any of them, gonna keep training. Just so happens this week fell into a easier week for me, after 2 big building weeks.
Great news on the fuel UCAN, I love it and now am a huge fan of it. I was really not sure about it. So first day training with it, my test was during a 80 mile ride and 4.5 run brick. So I followed how they said and it was amazing. 4 scoops the entire time, with a 350 cal total overall. Where I normally would have had about 1600 of normal fuel. Its not so much the calories that I care about, its the sugar and any crash that is related to it. UCAN I had none, did not get hungry, no stomach issues and felt great the entire time. 1 scoop every 90min thats it. So ordered a couple more jugs and gonna keep working with it. Got Nadine on to it and she also really likes it and finds it works well with her. It works well with the X2PERFORMANCE ( every 2 hr). Really allows me more time to think about getting more water in me. This FL heat has been ripping and water this time of the year is something I have to always stay on top of.
So my test for this weekend is 1.5 scoop of UCAN + X2PERFORMANCE 30min before race and thats it. That should be all I need to get through the race. RR coming up next
No comments:
Post a Comment