Training is coming back around!! Always feel like crap when I leave for a few days. Although I try to eat well it is so hard and combined with no workouts, leaves me feeling like a slug. Had a powerful brick the other day. First one using multi bottles of X2PERFORMANCE and it was great with no issues. Just read a great article from Ben Greenfield about fueling with lots of info. In it he mentioned a product called Generation UCAN, after reading about it and going to their website I ordered some today. Once I get it and work with it some I will give my feedback for those who have not used. this is where you can fond more about the Super Starch http://www.generationucan.com/ they have videos and info on the product.
Looking about 2 weeks till FT Desoto OYL triathlon. Not to sure how things will work out but gonna give it a shot. Have not been doing much speed work running but each time I swim and ride I always include some. Had a OWS before I left and it was outstanding. Need more work on my long distance speed ! Right now up to 1.75 mi swim it is good but after that I can feel the pace slightly drop a bit. Nothing bad and really wont hurt me much, just would like to keep the 1:20ish avg for the entire swim. My biggest issue for the next race is shoes. Got new Zoot Ultra TT 5.0 and ran in them today but thinking might be Newtons for the race. Downfall would be some of the run is in the sand so not sure yet. Can always go to the K Swiss Kwicky Blades for it also.
Just a reminder anyone who wants to try X2PERFORMANCE head over to x2performance.com and enter SHAUN as a coupon and get 10$$ off a case of 28.
It is amazing and I do not train or race without anymore. Recovery is great, energy is superb and it will keep you strong. Used it for the first time on a Plyometric workout yesterday and flat blistered the workout and that was after 1.7mi of speed drill in the pool. Give it a look and hold on it will supercharge training
No comments:
Post a Comment