Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Specialized Sitero Saddle

Been waiting on this saddle to hit the LBS and it finally made it in. Only to be snagged up by Josh that works there doing fits. So I called him and he took it off his Shiv and let me ride it this week on mine. Everything I had read and watched this saddle is the shit ! After 2 rides, 3.5 hrs and 75 miles I concur with everything about it. That is just my opinion and  it can be different for everyone. I have been on another Specialized saddle the Romin Pro and thought it was good, also been on an ISM Road but it was a nogo!! The sit zone on this Sitero is great and I think can fit many style rides. I can get up on nose and all the way back of the sit zone. Which is the area on the saddle that has the dots on it. Another outstanding feature is the bolt on bottle carrier, that can also be swapped out for a racking hook like the ISM.

 It is for both men and women and next to ride it is my wife, soon as I take it back to LBS. I have already put on on hold at LBS and will pick it up Saturday after another 2 rides on it. No issues I have found with comfort or blood flow. It was designed to keep the rider down on the aero bars. With that the saddle it not bad riding up on the bull horns, I found just slide back a bit and do what ya gotta do then drop back down. Very little shifting during rides and trying to find that zone when you can sit the longest, no sores ( no butt chum either just for testing) all around I think this is a bad ass saddle and if you spend much time on your triathlon bike might wanna give it a shot. I dont even need a saddle, heck mine is not even 6 months old but I am getting this. They have 2 types the Pro and Expert, difference is carbon rails but carbon is not out yet.

No comments: