Neither of these pics are of me but I found them off the FLANG web page. In all I am glad I got to go and even more I made it through and got my wings. At the end we got to rappel out of a UH60 from about 90 feet and it was so cool. The last day was a 12 mile road march in full gear with 40lb ruck sack, my feet could have done without that cause IMFL training is back in full swing. But I will be good in a few days soon as things quit hurting.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
12 Days of Army Air Assault School done!!
AaaHhhh WOW that was a long 12 day, really seemed like I was gone for a few months. I really dont know where to start, I have been wanting to go to that school since I was 14. Now that I have completed it is just awesome! I wish I could start at the very first day and just write abou the entire class but it would be a short book. Days 1-4 was by far the worst I have had i a long long time. I was mentally and physically beat. We did pushups till couldnt get off the ground, flutter kicks for I'm not sure how long and Mt climbers for what seemed like hours. That was all before the sun came up and we had a 2 mile run followed with the confidence course. Before noon on day 1 we had lost 35 people out of the 250 that started. By the end we graduated 196. Some was medical drop, others for failing tests and some just quit. The course is nicknamed the 10 toughest days in the Army and for me I agree. Not sure if it beats some days I had in the USMC but Army YES !!
Neither of these pics are of me but I found them off the FLANG web page. In all I am glad I got to go and even more I made it through and got my wings. At the end we got to rappel out of a UH60 from about 90 feet and it was so cool. The last day was a 12 mile road march in full gear with 40lb ruck sack, my feet could have done without that cause IMFL training is back in full swing. But I will be good in a few days soon as things quit hurting.
Neither of these pics are of me but I found them off the FLANG web page. In all I am glad I got to go and even more I made it through and got my wings. At the end we got to rappel out of a UH60 from about 90 feet and it was so cool. The last day was a 12 mile road march in full gear with 40lb ruck sack, my feet could have done without that cause IMFL training is back in full swing. But I will be good in a few days soon as things quit hurting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am so glad you are home too! And so proud of you! xxoo
Post a Comment